Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Words.

There are tunes that stay with you, make you nod and smile every time you hear them. When  Fools Gold kicks in, or pretty much any Pixies song starts, I automatically relax. I'm lucky, i have hundreds of tunes that make my day better. There are some lyrics that have the same effect. I've always loved the moment in Cypress Hill' s Lick A Shot when they say,
"You better call your back up team."
There are lots of nice lyrics I love too, but this one, I kind of adore. Up there with the Happy Mondays Wrote For Luck, which I still think is one of the best lyrics ever written.
I really like Shakespeare as well, Falstaff in Henry IV Part two, the best audition monologue I ever did. I like when people are pushing, the words almost getting away from them, then wrested into shape.
The film is alright, but the title Towers Open Fire is magnificent.
Coffee right?

No comments: