Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rise and Fall.

Every morning i make sure I have walked 1/2 a mile before i have breakfast. I do this by playing with Abbey in the garden, until my step count has gone past 1200. She has been digging ankle traps in the garden for the past couple of years. The voyage from patio to garage door is strewn with potential disaster. I know this as last year I tanked out into a raised bed, having miscalculated the step i needed to reach safety.
Sounds horrible, so why do I look forward to daylight breaking, so I can take another crack at it? Its because the better I do the closer I get to what I think is normal. The voyage isn't that dangerous, unless you haven't felt any confidence in walking for 2 decades or so. So, cheers Abbey, keep on keeping on. We may make it yet.

No comments: