Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Love's Bated Breath.

This week started with me getting my teeth cleaned. I always have a good time at the dentist, dental work doesn't bother me too much and the people there are a laugh.This time we talked about the biggest dread of the dental hygienist. i thought it would be patients in fear, teeth falling out while they were being cleaned. The biggest nightmare turns out to be unbelievably bad breath, which haunts the dreams of all professional teeth cleaners.
When I was at university I came across this. I started in a new class. On the other side of the room was a really pretty girl who no one would sit with. I thought that her looks intimidated people, so I went to sit next to her. She was really pretty, then he opened her mouth to speak. Children's dreams died, and the world in front of her mouth began to fold in on itself. It was really, really bad. With chastened, burning eyes I looked across the room at the sad, slowly nodding crowd.
How would this girl find love? Nobody is telling her that is going on. I saw a lonely house full of confused cats in her future. Oh no, surely not.
 I like to think she ended up with a normal looking guy, with no sense of smell.At distance no one could believe this guy's luck. In close, nobody could break left quicker. Love will out. The universe is like that.

No comments: