Monday, May 5, 2014

Stream

I'm always up really early. My pooch has me up by 5:30 or so everyday. I'm often up anyway, much to Abbey's surprise. I know she feels that this must make breakfast immediate, it doesn't. 6am has to roll in for that to happen. We spend the hours leading up to it playing in the garden, her hiding her toy and I listen to radio 6 while I'm searching.
This is how i know I'm doing ok. The signal that MS is in the ascendent is when I don't listen to music. I have had months when I can't feel why I should be interested. Even in those difficult months, I know my love for music isn't dead, just muted for a while.
I'm very lucky, I've played guitar since I was 5 and I hear the rhythm in everything. Thats all I do. I listen hard all the time, knowing that there's something glorious coming that I wasn't expecting. Hasn't let me down yet.

No comments: