Thursday, April 25, 2013

Widdershins

The screensaver on my Mac shows words. today i had a choice of using rant, which I'm very comfortable with or widdershins, which I'd never heard of.
Widdershins: In a left handed, wrong, counterclockwise direction. Sold. Rant is a staple for all comics, go for the jugular until you figure out the more palatable way to put it, maybe. Widdershins encapsulates who I am. Left handed, my life runs on a reverse track to everybody else. I will walk from opportunity because I have to, knowing that I've done the work to justify my being there. It has happened to me over and over again over the years. I walk/limp into everything knowing it can be over any minute. I then re-group,and counter to what disease suggests is the sensible path, do it again until time runs out.
I've come around to working with reality a little better. Having spent two decades in an invisible war, I now ask for help, rather than begrudgingly accept it. I write about whats happening now, rather than cover it up. I still do not tell the whole truth, but I'm a lot closer than I was. If you are reading this and think, "MS again? blimey." Fuck off and read something else you witless cunt. There a lots of cartoons you can find on the web. Ah, got the rant in after all.

No comments: