Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Slip Slide.

My life does not run like most. I find myself at 2am, having made coffee, listening to Radio 6 quietly pondering the day to come. I know what is coming, Beth is going to drop me to the neurology clinic, I'll pay my  cover charge and then wander into the infusion suite.
The suite is quiet and very chilled out. If you are in that room you come in thoroughly fucked up. Everyone there knows that you are in to take a shot at dealing with the near impossible, negotiating a better deal with your MS. Everyone is running a risk doing it and has decided to do it anyway, having decided to not go gently into this good night.
Everyone with MS has faced the ultimate question, can I deal with this or should I just go? Sounds very dramatic and few people with MS will tell you that has seriously occurred to them. It has. When your body is dying around you and you can't fix it, things do cross your mind. This is why MS patients have no tolerance for bullshit that doesn't matter. If you wake up every day not knowing if you are going to be able to walk or not, your problems with Darren or Louise or whoever mean fuck all.
MS is fairly invisible. We know you can't tell and we look great. Its the statement we hate the most. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to find my way, accepting the help I ignored for 2 decades. So accept when we say we can't do something its because we really can't, and we'll all be fine. Bless.

No comments: