Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Religioned

Years ago, my RE teacher went around the class getting everyone to read out what they had written for their homework. She went around the class anti-clockwise, so I knew I was last. I also knew I hadn't done the homework. Everyone proceeded to read their work out and I realized I was the only one who hadn't done it. She got to me. I looked at my blank sheet of paper and made the essay up, building from what I'd heard everyone else do. She really liked it. It was going well until she collected the essays at the end. I remember her looking at me, her nickname was Popeye, due to an ill fitting glass eye. The seconds passed like hours. She smiled, "Go home and see if you can write down what you just made up."
I wish she'd marked my RE O level. I think she would have seen my selection of Satanism to describe an alternative religion quite amusing. The examiner didn't. D

No comments: