Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Dark of the Day

I'm always up way earlier than anyone thinks. Its not that I don't sleep, though i went through years with barely any. I actually suffered from severe insomnia for a while, which culminated with a gig in Hemel hempstead, compered by Jo Caulfield, that i remember nothing about, apart from it working, a bit, then sliding into some dimension I didn't understand but was weirdly comfortable with. I'd whacked in muscle relaxants, possibly too many, and adjusted to living in a permanent haze where everything was either the birth of a new dawn, or the end of a long day. can't wait to go through that with the pyschothererapist, always nice to watch someone's book learning stumble into a WTF!!? abyss.
My early morning starts: I watch/catch up with British comedy. I really like Russell Howard, which as far as I can tell, isn't a popular view. If you can play a room that big, that well and they're not paying? Fair enough. I know that my personal habit of tipping a gig into a word abyss whenever I like, does reduce my room size playability somewhat. Same with Michael Mcintyre. It may not be my thing, but skill is skill.
Abbey is groaning, mournfully  hoping for breakfast to arrive, its still some hours out. There will come a day, when I hear her talking. That's the day my brain has rewired itself one too many times and is not coming back. Scary, but I am interested to hear what's on her mind.


No comments: