Sunday, January 3, 2010

What do you mean its fucking colder???

Its fucking colder. We've been down to -5F this evening. not as bad as John and Kate up in bloomington, where it was -10F Neither of these touches the -50F wind chill that Ollie has been facing fixing skis in Banf.
 -5F is more than plenty for me. I sat on a chair in the garage earlier on, and slowly realised my arse was burning with cold. Beth and I are looking forward to going back to Columbus tomorrow where its 16F. Midwest winter summer.
Spent today staying away from outside as much as possible. Only went out to let Abbey do her stuff. Felt bad for her, having a shit in Ice Station Zebra is no fun, human or dog.
I'd love to tell you I spent today doing something positive, in fact I spent most of it putting lotion on my hands, to stem the tide of skin necrosis. I think my hands are now 95 or so.
Not all bad. Beth made a fantastic chilli and a strawberry rhubarb pie. Made my old man hands twitch with glee.

No comments: