Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh, older then.

I actually like getting older. it would be a real push to call it wisdom, more like watching patterns repeat, and knowing exactly how badly you just fucked up, and why. One of the things that makes you realise you are aging is watching your brother and sisters kids growing up, and being called sir in a shoe shop, by a trendy 18 year old who knows as well as you do, you shouldn't be there.
Repeating patterns also save time meeting new people. You know if you are going to be friends, or if this person is a facsimile of that wanker you nearly decked nine years ago.
Brody and I were discussing comedy earlier this morning, both concluding that Chaplin's best work did indeed occur pre 1920.
Must go, I have to polish my walker, so I can go to the bingo.

No comments: