Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Float on Indiana

Was watching Ozu's Floating Weeds, a beautiful Japanese silent film from the 30's. I got into Ozu through Ugetsu, the best ghost story ever filmed. Unfortunately I'm a bit tired and not really up to reading a ton of subtitles so I subbed in Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal bollocks. I saw this film at the drive in, figured it was shit, but it being a drive in I couldn't really see it that well. It was cheap at Pamida and I had Xmas money. Watching it all focused and stuff, I realise my first inclination was right. It is shit, and Shia Lebouef is even more irritating in sharp contrast, if thats possible. It is Indiana Jones though, so beautiful Japanese film for when I'm awake, cack number 4 for when I'm falling asleep.

No comments: