Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The luck of the floor

   

Today Beth and I took our friend Stewart to Portsmouth, a town about 1 and a half hours outside Columbus. He had some family stuff he needed to do, so we gave him a lift. Beth and I went looking for a coffee shop to chill out in while we waited for him. It is monday, Portsmouth is shut. We ended up in a macdonalds where they actually do great coffee. I had a hot chocolate, once the red head behind the counter stopped staring at my voice which appeared to hang in front of her like a threatening space alien. This does happen every now and again. My accent is 95% proof over here. unless it isn't. Came home, ate some salad, passed out.
Barely woke up and went to the bathroom. Woke up as I realised I was not sitting down towards the toilet, but back first onto the metal scales. Readjusted, headed right and landed arse first on the tiled floor. Had I not readjusted, or tried to use my hands, i would have injured myself very badly. Props out to Yoga for MS for training me in the fine art of falling. All people who do Yoga for MS are trained to professional stunt level in falling. Cheers Jen.
Now sitting nursing a bruised arse pondering my next cup of tea.
    Currently listening:
Selected Ambient Works 85-92
By Aphex Twin
Release date: 2008-04-22

No comments: