Friday, January 22, 2010

Thursday night dinner club

I have a feeling, that as this year unfolds, each first blog on a friday is going to look remarkably similar. Each thursday for the past year or so, Stewart has come over with a fantastic dessert he has prepared and Beth has prepared some of the best food I have ever eaten. The best dish she made last year was a perfect rack of lamb. It was so good, ro this day I can't think of it without smiling. The thursday dinner group has added a new member, Jen, who makes amazing salads.
We started last night trying Jen's home brewed cider, perfect and rampantly alcoholic. Followed this with Beth's home made cherry whisky, made with cherries from our neighbour's cherry tree. Then, the salmon.
The only problem the salmon dish has, is that I'm not sure if I've just eaten the very best dish I will have all year. I have never in my life tasted salmon as good as I ate last night. It melted in my mouth as I ate it. Paired with Jen's salad, a perfect meal.
Then, death by chocolate. Stewarts dessert was the perfect gastronomic full stop.
What did I do? I'm on jokes and product supply.
If you aver cop an invite to a thursday night dinner, do your stomach a favour, and come. I doubt you will eat better all year.
    Currently listening:
West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
By Kasabian
Release date: 2009-06-09

No comments: