Friday, June 13, 2014

Where I belong.

I'm up. i'm always up early. Coffee in, banana imminent. Listening to Shaun Keaveny on radio 6, which I blend with listening to the tragic news of the day on Radio 4 and 5. Tragic? What tragic news? Dunno yet, I just know its coming.
Spent last night doing improv at the weekly drop in. I love it. All levels, doesn't matter, everyone is there to play and learn. I know people think improv is the provence of those who can think very quickly. Its helpful, but that will only get you so far.
Improv never works with someone standing there proving how witty they are, whilst ignoring the other people on the stage. It works when the people on stage dump ego, and play entirely for the person they are with. If you are both doing it, its amazing what comes up. It doesn't matter what you thought you were going to do, if something else comes up. Dump the idea you brought on, and play what you are given. When it is in full flow, nothing better. If it tanks out? Can be just as, if not more funny, as long as you both commit and play everything for real.

No comments: