Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Magooed

Every since I cheated on an eye test when I was five, looked with my good eye over the cardboard, my eye sight has been screwed. The Sunday dinner, burned in my parents memory, when I said
"Why is my right eye so blurry?" heralded multiple trips to the opticians, all of which ended up with them saying
"If you'd bought him here 3 years ago."
'He cheated on his eye test."
"Oh. Ah well…"
MS swoops in, pale discs behind the eyes, meaning that my eyes don't connect properly to my brain. Oh shit.
Prescriptions that turn sight into a cartoon contest. Fun, but useless.
Now I have the right prescription and reading classes, to offset the contacts, for close up work. Fantastic! This is what you lot see? Ooooh…. My eyes are still buggered, but they feel like the kid being let into the big room.

No comments: