Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Recycle day you say? Bugger.

The recycle is emptied every 2nd Tuesday. You would think I'd be able to remember that, and put out my bin out the night before. You'd be wrong. This morning , as often happens, the sound of the recycle trucks emptying the bins over the road echoed through my house. Memory restored. Bugger! I've got about 5 minutes to sort this out, or the rubbish can take another 2 week holiday in my garage. Charging(? sort of) down the garden, trailing a dog who thought this must be time to play. Dog sat confused, sorry Abbey, and I bundled into the garage. A massively full, we'd forgotten to put the bin out a few weeks ago, recycle bin sat leering at me.
"Good luck with that," it seemed to say.
Grabbed the handle of the bin and rolled it out into the alley. The weather today is predicted to top 90 degrees, it appears to be starting with some aplomb. Rolled the bin across the alley into its "Empty me now please," space.
Back through the garage into the garden. Abbey sat looking at me.
"Play now?"
Sorry Abbey, having performed a bin move that was ticket worthy, I now need a glass of water and a sit down.
"Oh…"
She'll be passed out in an hour (90 degrees and rising), and can dream of running the garden, with someone quicker than me.

No comments: