Friday, June 6, 2014

Serene Oddity.

I know its early, but I did get a magnificent kip as the drug I infused yesterday, slid into my blood last night. I know today is a wash as the the drug settles, jostling for position against the MS attack. The attack never stops, Tysabri,sits as a doorman in my blood,
"Well you're not going in for a start!"
 From Saturday, until it runs out in 28 days, life is going to be a lot better.  My nervous system will do its best, helped out by my plasma gatekeeper.
I've done this once a month for nearly 2 years, the time when the danger is supposed to rear up with abandon, forcing an immediate exit. I was told yesterday that I'm still doing ok, odds shorter, but far enough from lethal to carry on. Fair enough, my MS was supposed to fall off the cliff into progressive doom more than 12 years ago. My doctors look at me sometimes, shrug and say,
"You're still in one piece? Hmm….alright then…"
Happy to be baffling.

No comments: