Tuesday, June 17, 2014

DI-saturated

I went to my Optometrist yesterday, to get my yearly bad/positive? news.
Bad,
"You know there is nothing we can do about your sights except hope for the best?"
Good,
"You can still see? That's me fucked in the sweepstake." (made that bit up)
My prescription has changed, so that the awful is balanced out a little better. And my new glasses look very cool. I then had my eye's dilated, pressure checked and went on my way, looking for somewhere nice for lunch. If you've never had your eyes dilated, you look like a manga cartoon character and you have to wear shades until it wears off. I found a really good American Korean restaurant, the owner is the old head chef from Barcelona and had a fantastic lunch. I left afterwards to head down to high st, The sky above me opened like a bath. Now soaked, sight dodgy at best, I kept walking in order to find a cab before I drowned. Cab found, home in time to get ready to watch the America game, which was great! Eyes have now shrunk back from cartoon level which is good, but I kind of like the look of horror they promote in the unsuspecting viewer.

No comments: