Thursday, June 19, 2014

Soup.

Yesterday the weather was brutal. Topped out around 93, feeling 95, and breathing through a blocked sieve. That was the day Beth and I decided was the day we should do lots. Tried to start my car, dead. I think it came out in sympathy.
"What on earth are you two doing outside? Go back in, the football and the the air conditioning are on."
With the help of our neighbour, got the car started. Went to my Optometrist and picked up the sample contacts, which I know are going to work out way better. Beth stayed in the car as we were running the battery back in. What next?
Hit the freeways, got a little lost, ended up at a car wash that Beth told me was great. She wasn't kidding. You roll the car onto a conveyor belt, stick it in neutral, and are taken into the future. This car wash is what the Jetsons promised. And?
 Jimmy Johns where they can make a really good sandwich, quicker than you can fill your drink. Home.  Football, air-conditioning and a very nice dinner.
This morning, out playing with Abbey before the apocalypse rolls in. I know its going to be bad, the weather people are doing everything but giggling and licking their lips over it.
Air? soupy but do-able. Am I still going for a haircut and improv this evening? You bet your soggy hat.

No comments: