Thursday, December 11, 2008

A high kicking appocalypse now gig evening crowned with Wii medal of honour

Rockettes show. Rockettes technically excellent. The bloke playing Santa died a slow ignoble death in front of his people, The elderly, the infirm, mums with kids, his people. wow. Tears in everyones eyes at the joy of Xmas, save the blokes sitting staring at the rockettes focused and dry eyed. They were weeping however....
Onto Surly Girl to an appocalypse now gig, 16 acts? Yeah, that'll work. funny enough it did, although the comics who were doing fine and then hit their wife beating/rape material were then not funny. I went on 10th and did well, then threw it away because I couldn't be bothered. That my last line was "You'll wake up tomorrow, have a think and realise how good that gig was." gives a clue of the respect I showed. having said that, I liked the gig. sean who runs it is cool and fair, gives new acts a chance and gives wizened battle weary hacks like myself a nice little room to let off steam. also a guy went on billed as the Devil and stared at the audience for 5 minutes. I told him afterwards, "That's total bottle. " Its nearly there as an act. He is at the crossroads between the audience looking at their feet or going with him and collapsing laughing. I think he'll make the cross.
And Beth has now won every level of Mario Kart. Maybe she'll come back to me...

No comments: