Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Edinburgh

Concrete Abstract
Current mood: sort of humble...

Been sitting thinking of the show I'm going to bring to Edinburgh. I was going to call it Home, as my switch from the shakespeare back to stand up has made me feel the most comfortable I have ever felt as a performer.
Props out to Actors Theatre in Columbus, who let me rebuild myself, at a point when I thought I would never perform again. They taught me an awful lot of technique I never had, and showed me new ways of performing that I have of course stolen and factored into my act.
My thought now is to call the show Concrete Abstract. This is the best name I can think of right now for what I consider perfect stand up. Concrete Abstract means never saying exactly what you are talking about, whilst planting a concrete image in your audiences mind. Nigh on impossible to do, but I'm gonnna have a lot of fun trying

No comments: