Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Time.

Snow on the ground again. Not too much, but its not christmas, so fuck off. Listening to richard Bacon on Radio 5. Any ex pat would tell you that listening to the accent /language / topics of interest, from home, is incredibly comforting. Its still the same old bollocks, but with an English slant.
Snow.
Yesterday I spent the afternoon with a good mate of mine Andy Taylor. I've been away from England for over 11 years now and  have realized I've  had friends over here for years now. I think the length of time you are friends with someone, makes an enormous difference. I'm very lucky in that I have really good friends who I've known for over 20 years.
Looking back i can see what my mum and dad had with their friends when I was a kid. The one thing you cannot buy  is time, the longer I'm here, the more I appreciate it.

No comments: