Sunday, February 2, 2014

Morning Resolution

This morning I was up early, I'm usually up early. I went back to the reason I have a page called Resolution. I made it because I found myself going to YouTube, finding a song I liked and using it as a jumping off point to find songs I felt made sense to follow it with. I really enjoy doing this I find old songs I really like and tunes I've never heard before that are excellent.
I haven't done this properly for a while, one of the signs that MS is kicking the shit out of me is that I stop listening to music. The sign that things are improving is when I sit listening to tunes again. The sign things are really going well is when I write songs. I haven't done that for a while. I really want to write and record new songs, arms fucked or not.
What happened this morning was that I came across King Bee Back By Dope Demand, a tune I aways liked. In the comments section they where all talking about Tuff Crew, that I'd never heard before. Great tunes. From here I went to a documentary on the history of Hip Hop. It then snowballed into watching a Public Enemy documentary, then NWA, Ice T, finishing out on Jay Z.
All these artists have one thing in common, determination to make things happen, and top tunes.
The last two years have been difficult, in that I can't see how I can ever perform live again. What I can do is find another way to do what I do. I love music and I can write. Resolution.  Every documentary I just watched  is on the Resolution page. Thanks,  for a very useful morning.

No comments: