Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sing a long a Stewart.

Last night Beth and I rolled up to Stewart's 40th birthday shenanigans. We arrived around 11pm. Beth was driving so I took the drinking duties for our house. What a great laugh! We were all having a great time, then Club D tipped it over the edge by piping old 80's tunes into the room we were in. Turns out, belting out old 80's tunes, we all used to sing along to the same ones. It was a moment of transatlantic glasnost, as finally, Simple Minds got their fair due.
Beth and I took the 80's one step further, by hitting Whitecastle on the way home. We had the right to party, though our kitchen is now littered with the boxes of burger shame, of the early morning before. We only ever go through a Whitecastle drive thru at 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm always happy to get the food, and always amazed at the people who are sitting inside. What are they doing? Would I walk in and say hi? No. Well, maybe.

No comments: