Saturday, February 8, 2014

Winter reflection.

Watching the winter Olympics. I watch the precision of the athletes and really enjoy it. I sit shaking my head in disbelief at some of the moves they can make their bodies do. I don't sit fuming over the bad luck that landed on my door step, well I landed on the floor, decades ago.
What actually gave me pause a while ago was when I realized that I'd spent more of my life ill than I had well. That more time had been spent recovering from something you couldn't see, until it got exceptionally bad, than doing what I wanted to do. 
i've re-learned to walk more than once, take dangerous risks with the drug that helps me out, have lost months/years at a time. In the end I look at this and think, so? 
I thought I'd be long dead by now, a tragic, "If only…" case. I'm over ten years ahead of where I thought the path would end. I've done more things than I would of done if I hadn't been ill. I did comedy because I couldn't play in a band any more, I did acting when I knew I couldn't sustain what I knew I needed to do, to push the stand up forward. Right now I can't do that. 
Is it awful? "If only…" No it isn't. Now I write, and the songs I put on reverberation comedy are still doing well.  Number one on the chart on and off,for ages.
What do I mean? Don't give up. Take it from me, you have no idea what's coming around the corner.  Listen to a lot of music, whatever style you enjoy, read, see and do everything you can. Don't worry if you get caught out ,and stuck in your house for a while. That's what YouTube and Netflix are for.

No comments: