Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tysabri.

Yesterday I was talking to someone I'd never met before who also has MS. He asked what drug I was doing. I said Tysbari. He said, "The death drug?" Immediately. This gave me pause for thought. I've known since I began taking Tysabri that the downside if things go wrong, is death. I've checked to see if they overstated the case, no they did not. There is a possibility of picking up the PML virus, which cannot be cured, and will kill you. Knowing this, I'm happy to take the risk. Why?
 I went to YouTube to see if anyone had put stuff up. If you want to scare the crap out of yourself, put Tysabri into the search engine. If you can stay with it, you will notice that everyone who does the infusions says the same thing. Its the best treatment available and its worth the risk. Everyone I've come across doing the infusions is perfectly aware of the risk they take, but would prefer to live alive, running the risk of a rapid end, than live dead for longer. Its weirdly comforting to know I'm pushing as hard as I can, that there is no other way, and it is what it is.

No comments: