Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sleep.

A friend of mine asked yesterday, "When do you sleep?" Fair question, I've gone through years of getting little sleep or, when I had insomnia for a month,, practically none. Living in America and having access to the internet, gives me the opportunity to communicate any hour of the day or night. It can look like I don't sleep at all. Actually, I sleep now far more than I have for years. Its not in the usual way, I sleep when I know I have to and don't follow any particular regiment. I know most everybody has to set their sleep patterns around what the know they have to do in the morning.
 I set mine by just how bad my MS is kicking on any particular day. I do this because I've learned the hard way what MS fatigue actually is, how trippy and scary things will get if I don't listen. I do sleep, but not in a traditional way. Suits me, I can't stand tradition, which I've always seen as repeating the same boring thing over and over, because, that's what we do!. Of course, I may have slept through most of that.

No comments: