Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Level 2 snow emergency shopping

Woke up, snow coming down, ice on the floor. Thought I'll get provisions. Went to my car smashed the ice off with my elbow, got in fishtailed it out onto the street and set off for the shop.
 I like driving when its snowing on black ice. Its like being in an arcade game. Did shopping whilst slowly realising how bad the weather was. Under a level 2 snow emergency which means only drive if you have to, stay inside you twat! The only level beyond it is 3, where they arrest you if you are on the road.
Got home spent 30 minutes talking to a woman called Jill who was looking for the owner of the lost pooch she was wandering around with. Turns out she is a top flight live theatre tech, looking to get back in the business (took a break to raise her son) and knows exactly what she is talking about. Told her to get on Facebook, if you see her, talk to her, top flight techs are hard to come by, and she is really cool (as they all are).
Back in my house now, where I will be waiting the death weather out.

No comments: