Monday, January 5, 2009

From SEVEN to brighter fields

Current mood: thoughtful
Category: Life

The head in the box scene before six in the morning needed settling. I flicked through the channels and ended up watching WC Fields and me with Rod Steiger. Some reviews say its mainly made up. As a portrait of someone who lived their life on their own terms, its a warm and funny film.
It appeals to me, as its all I try and do. I tried being a drunk, didn't work. I didn't have the stomach for the hangovers, I drink less now than I have since I was 18. I tried the chasm which is MS depression, keeps you in bed and unbearable for months at a time. Beth was always unbelievably patient, and I decided that life with her is way too much fun to waste.
Life is way too interesting to hide yourself away. i don't know of one person that has it easy, i know a lot that take a look at the shit coming at them, and decide to have a good time anyway. This is the link that joins my friends. They are very different people, with the capacity to stand, sometimes back to the wall with no way out, accept the world for what it is, smile, enjoy the good, and walk on regardless.

No comments: