Sunday, April 27, 2014

Going Sarf!!

Having spent a Saturday circling the MS plughole, Beth and I grabbed a cab and went to Ross' party. The cab ride was a hoot, spent explaining the different sounds of the accents in London to the cabbie. He was a particular fan of "Sarf London!" I told him to get hold of Attack The Block, the London accent primer.
The party was great, got to sit around chatting with people I really like and, it turns out, have known for years. This has dawned on me over the last few months. I've been here for ages. Its really worked out. I love living here. I'll keep my accent thank you very much and I'll fit in as the English always do. Sort of.
Went from the party and stopped at the Hey Hey where a good mate of mine Amy, who has bailed to Boston was in town for the weekend. Having got nicely toasted at Ross' do, the Hey Hey went somewhat over the edge into utterly trashed.
 Morning has arrived, nothing missing, in one piece. Win.

No comments: