Friday, April 25, 2014

Ear Elixir

I often wake up very early. I spend my time chilling out, reminding Abbey we are hours from her breakfast and reading the english newspaper that I have delivered to my kindle. I used to have the Guardian and the Independent delivered, I now get the Telegraph, right wingy, but a good read. The Chicago Tribune comes in a little later.
 I make a pot of coffee, eat a banana and wake up, settling in to the day.
What makes this transition easy, is that I listen to English radio every morning.  I enjoy the Shaun Keaveny show on Radio 6, which is on until 5am over here. I then skip between radio 4, 5 and 6, until NPR stops waffling on about money issues which they don't understand. NPR has fantastic shows on the weekend, but it does tend to punt out the same old shite in the week.

No comments: