Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shopping Tripping

It had all started so well, top breakfast at First Watch, then Beth's mum and Dad stripped so much crap out of our house, it actually felt lighter when they left. I was so keen, that despite being on the edge of an 
MS coma, I suggested we go to Easton to look for our new couch and chair.
This went wrong straight away. THe chair I was hoping would work turned out to be tiny, it looked like the chair an upset 5 year old girl got for her birthday, instead of a pony. I reacted quite badly and siad. "That's it? No way, its a piece of shit!!!" We then walked around Restoration Hardware, with me pointing out that the furniture was expensive shite that rich twats with no taste buy. We then went to Crate and Barrel, and I did the same.
Then onto World Market. Beth went in I stayed in the car listening to tunes, trying to stay awake. There was a white Escalade parked facing us. I looked up and saw an old woman staring at me playing with the steering wheel. I thought this was an Optic Neuritis trip, until I remembered how shallow I've been. She was no where near good looking enough to be a spirit I'd conjured, and looked like she'd just had her test results, which hadn't gone well.
Woke up with Beth pounding on the window, as I'd passed out. Home in one piece. I'm going to take that as a win.

No comments: