Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mind Change.

When i was running as a comic in London, I started to do particularly well. I was resident compere for Screaming Blue Murder, subbed for Lee Hurst at his club, and was having a whale of a time. I could only perform 2 or 3 times a week, as my MS would cripple me for 2 days after I performed. I didn't care. This was where I was destined to be. Then, Screaming Blue offered me the compere slot for their Edinburgh gig. I knew this was the gig that was going to push me onto where I wanted to go. I got sicker, and finally had to say no. It broke my heart, and I quit performing for 3 years.
Just ahead of quitting, I'd met Beth, the love of my life, and decided to get married and move to America. Some of me was glad to get out of England, I wouldn't have to face what had happened any more.
Then, I started doing Shakespeare, partly because I couldn't figure out how people were doing it (work), and because I figured in a cast of 12 I could hide, and still perform. I got good at it. Hiding no longer an option. I tried to quit a number of times, but my friends kept finding ways for me to be able to perform. They made me realize that I don't have to do it all on my own, that people are always willing to help. Thank you.
Conclusion?  I've worked out how to do what I was put here to do. And I'm ready.

No comments: