Friday, March 14, 2014

week

Interesting week. The weather today is going to be nice, unlike some of the rest of the week which was abysmal. 50 degree temperature change mess with anybody. MS means that I know its going to be extra shite and just get on with it. I sat sulking watching Tombstone, which I love. "I'm your Huckleberry." Line. Whilst sitting enjoying the film I was chewing a toffee. a toffee I got from Mexico. I really liked them, lovely and chewy. Then, I felt something that was not a toffee roaming around my mouth.
I spat it out. Looked metallic to me. Was I looking at a Tylenol moment? Was a toffee hater sitting at home stroking a cat, waiting for the incident reports to flood in? No. I looked again. That would be the gold crown I have hidden at the back of my mouth . Bugger. Phoned the dentist booked an appointment for wednesday. They would have got me in on Monday, but I felt there was a lesson to be learned.
Tuesday, infusion day with an open wound at the back of my mouth. Doable, as long as I didn't drink pop. Blood charged up, still relatively safe, wandered home. Beth had bought me a fit bit, decided to put it on after the crown was reattached.
Wednesday. Early morning crown fix. Most expensive toffee, ever. Back home, put on the fit bit thingy. Now i get to count my calories.
Thursday/Friday. Actually the fit bit thingy is ideal. I've walked over 3 miles in the last few days. Turns out seeing how I am doing makes a huge difference.

No comments: