Saturday, August 30, 2014

Morning has...

Up. Coffee, banana, radio 4, and a drizzle outside, washing the day in. Since we got Abbey, I have turned into a morning person. Before, I would stay up all night, and start the day half way through, mid day, maybe. The first thing I noticed when I started to get up earlier is the people I'd never seen before, pootling about with a purpose, perfectly happy. What's all that about? I wondered. I know now that its the ability to start the day at your own pace, before the necessary butts in.
At home I find myself in the garden with Abbey, playing for a few hours, as the day wakes up, cars humming by, the sound of the city yawning itself awake. This morning, in the country, I stood outside in the spitting rain, watching the clouds trying their best to lighten everything up, as the birds stirred in the trees. Which sound do I prefer? The country or the coast is my preference, though there is a beauty to the determined push of a city morning.

No comments: