Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Late night musing.

its not really that late, 11:40. I'd been asleep having come back from infusion, enjoyed a chipolte, with the really hot sauce, and then passed out on the couch for a few hours. Its always like this after an infusion, my body has to reset, and absorb this months fight. I chatted to my infusion nurses about how my odds of the awful were going up. We all agreed, I'm not at the coin flip stage quite yet.
Iwas sitting next to someone new this time, a really cool bloke, there with his daughter, who was helping him out. He's in a wheelchair, and we spent the hours chatting about this and that, both landing on the drugs we actually like taking. Tysabri is incredibly useful, if a lot dangerous.  Dope? Easy now. A discussion on how to avoid overdoing pot brownies, and the tragedy of the never ending munchies, ensued. Total hoot, really nice guy. We asked each other when each others next infusion was. Hope to see him again.
Chatting to people who are in the same trouble I am, negates all bullshit, and opens the conversation up in ways you would not believe. Yoga for MS is the same. I've had to miss the last month or so, running pillar to post, but I'm looking forward to getting back to it in September.
I've always loved talking to people, the irony is, that now that my physical access for going out as much as I'd like is fading, the conversations I'm having, are getting better and better.
Props out to The Breeders, great late night writing soundtrack.

No comments: