Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Colossus Penguin.

I woke up this morning, pooch fed, coffee in, and then read this in The Telegraph:
Fossils have just been unearthed in Antarctica, showing a race of giant penguins that used to roam the continent 40 million years ago. How big? Over 2 metres tall from beak tip to toes, and they weighed around 18st 2lb.
"Would you like some fish? Whale, perhaps?"
This is why I like reading The Telegraph. I know its a tad right wing, and can sometimes come across like a grumbling old man, staring into his now cold coffee, bemoaning the state of the world, whilst looking for which cake to pick next.
"Eccles if possible, none of this foreign rubbish!"
 But, the articles are always well written, and likely to make my early morning coffee really interesting. Giant penguins?!! Get them in a zoo, if you can. I don't know how the creationists are going to try and spin this one, I'm fairly sure they would have made the Ark list heavily, and sink a little, if they were around.
The world has an awful lot to give up, as long as we don't burn it first.

No comments: