Thursday, December 31, 2009

Early New Years Eve

Had a fantastic evening last night out with Beth, Leslie and Ian. We ate at a place called the Esquire in Champaign. The Esquire is a great believer in frying. First up two servings of asian dumplings which we shared. It was at this point I nearly got myself kicked out by wondering where the knives and forks were. "There are no knives and forks, its all hands." Apparently if the bloke who served us, the owner (?) who was obviously a big fan of the Sopranos, had over heard me giving it the maximum english, "I say what sort of tractor outdoor nonsense is this?" I would have been kicked out. Great food.
We then went to the Blind Pig, where 10% beers sat on the menu as a dare. I let these beers have their day and drank something normal. The Blind Pig was heated up to sauna level and I sat trying not to fall asleep in the booth we picked. We moved to a table, a little less hot, but not much.
Then onto a coffee shop. I had a red latte, made with rooibos, my favourite tea.Began to wake up.
Came home believing I was far more awake.
Some hours later woke up sitting on the toilet with completely dead legs. I must of come in for a pee and just decided to hang out for a few hours. Took 10 minutes to get the feeling back, before attempting to stand up.
Upright, now awake,s listening to Michael Caine's selection on the  desert Island discs podcast. Desert island discs is one of the true treats of being english. Now listening to Baroness Scotland's selection.
It is new years eve. 2009, feel free to fuck off.
5:51 AM0 Comments0 Kudos  Translate Print

No comments: