Thursday, December 3, 2009

The dying of the day

The midwest is preparing the wind down into the long winter. It is getting colder, and having lived here for seven years its descending into the winter, which will last until April. There will be nice days, there will be enjoyable days. In the main, it will be cold, icy and rubbish. I never grew up with such a hit of consistently shit weather. Rain, sure, but not such a long run of dangerous rubbish with a side-order of what the fuck. All my friends who grew up here deal with the weather change a lot better than I do. I enjoy a nice coating of snow, who doesn't? I just can't stand it hanging around for weeks, the last person at the party, who you didn't invite, were pleasantly surprised at how alright they were, then stayed drinking themselves into incoherence after everyone else had gone home.
I admire the stoicism of those who deal with it all with a shrug. They who do not cry too hard when the gas bills come in. Lets face it, everyone wells a little when they realise gas is apparently made of gold.

No comments: