Thursday, October 9, 2014

Full Odd.

Up. Toast,  crunchy cookie butter, coffee, and a banana. Managed to get the rubbish out, with only a remote warning twang from my ankle. did get out of the house yesterday. Wandered down to Thurman. i was sitting trying to decide whether to go to Easy street or Thurman, when wo people walked up.
"Where can I get a coffee?" said the nice lady, as her partner, with a well swept grey ponytail, stood stoically beside her.
"I'd say Easy st. Thurman is great, but you probably can't get in, and if you can, it will be packed."
"How far is that?" said the languid Peter Fonda look a like.
"Its just there," I said, pointing.
"Cool."
I then found out the lady had just flown in from LA, where its 110 degrees, and that she had drunk all the beer they'd bought, in the car on the way to the airport. They are staying at Ronald Macdonald house. Oh. Here to help, got it. They then left to coffee up in Easy Street.
Well, that makes that decision easier, Thurman it is. Not because they were unpleasant, i kind of liked them. What I didn't want to do was turn up at the place i'd sent the people I'd just met, forcing unnecessary pleasantness, edged with stalker odd. Too English?
 I then walked into Thurman, said I wanted a take away, and ended up in the take away shop next door. This may have been a good move. I know all those people, and drinking was certain. Bought my huge take out home, and sat looking at it for 10 minutes mumbling,
"What have I done?"
Turns out I'd done well, it was great! Then I watched the first episode of Stalker, and completely freaked myself out. And I was really full.

No comments: