Wednesday, July 2, 2014

LSE

Up early listening to the world service on NPR, which runs throughout the night. As often happens, a serious, world wide event got reported, by someone from the London School of Economics. How did I end up going to university there? By accident.
My first choice was York, where my argument that my bad grades didn't matter as one of my History teachers had bet the other 50 pounds that I'd be the only student to get an A, didn't wash. He was right, York can get fucked. Next up Warwick university, whose campus had swimming pools, fields, and seemed really friendly. Got the right points, buta not the exact grades they wanted. Out. Coming in third, the LSE. No fields, no swimming pool, that London. Not for me, right?
After the exam results came out they started sending me info on halls of residence. I still didn't get what was going on. Come on Warwick! Nothing from them, more info from LSE. I finally got it, and trudged off to that London.
It turned out to be the luckiest move ever. Great mates, fantastic education, surrounded by people from all over the world. My thanks to York and Warwick, your diss turned out very well for me. Oh, and get fucked!

No comments: