Thursday, July 10, 2014

Home sweet home.

Jeni Bauers love letter to Columbus summed up a lot of how I feel about living here. When I landed here 12 years ago, expecting to be going to live in Chicago, I had no idea how things were going to work out. I'd come from London, what is this Columbus you speak of? It took me a month or so before I decided,
 " This place is pretty relaxed.  Good food, fun bars, everyone seems cool. Best find something to do."
First up, improv at Carolyn Hardings class. That was cool, what next? Shakespeare? Ooh, never done that before. Who is going to book me to take a crack at that? Bless your heart Actors Theatre, gutsy move on your part. I'll do this. And do the standup I left when I got sick in London. Fantastic!
What? Ill, can't do any more.  Bugger.
The improv people have still got space? Cool. The actors would let me back in, even though I'm too ill to work with them? They know I'd do it if I could? I can move around as MS dictates, and find somewhere to land?
Why would I live anywhere else? Exactly. Cheers Columbus. Love ya x

No comments: