Friday, July 24, 2015

Journeyed.

The plane from England was crap, but the people working on it were great. its the bizarre balance BA strikes.
A good flight back to Columbus yesterday, despite yogurt-geddon. I did decorate the floor of JFK with strawberry yogurt, much to the surprise of the lovely indian lady sitting opposite. My cry of "Fuck!" as the yogurt and the crumbles spread themselves out all over the floor was quickly retracted. Beth and I then ended up on our hands and knees trying to scoop it all up, with two napkins. Beth realized that this had no chance of working, and sent me back to the shop to get more. I arrived at the shop counter, less than 5 minutes after I'd left.
"What happened?," they asked.
"The airport floor is wearing my yogurt," I said, and left with more napkins.
I got back to Beth and handed her some of the napkins. The lady I'd just got them from was standing behind me. She handed me a new yogurt, and told me not to worry about the debris, as someone would deal with it. Not what I was expecting in JFK.
I go through airports now using wheelchair assistance, having finally admitted that I had no chance of making the flights without tuning up to the gate in a terrible state. It means that I see parts of airports others don't, and ride more lifts in an hour than I would usually do in a year.
Now back in Columbus, waiting for the effect of the last few weeks to kick in. It was well worth it, and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: