Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Trip.

8:30 this morning, got into my cab for Heathrow. a lot easier trip than I thought, got there by 10. Flight was at 12:15. Having admitted the tMS and airports do not mix, got wheelchair assistance to get me through security. I had reached the point where I dreaded going to an airport, I couldn't see how I could do it.
 With the wheelchair assist, and the jolly bus to the gate, I defy anyone to make it through the airport quicker. Start to gate? 15 minutes. Got on the plane to Philly. I knew I had an aisle seat, but it was on the edge of a four. The plane was kind of empty, 4 seats for me! Watched a fantastic film, ate great food and spent a  lovely 7 hours crossing the atlantic.
Philly, fantastic help, immigration to gate 20 minutes, maybe. The plane was then delayed, due to severe weather. Got on it, blagged two seats for myself, and watched out the window as the sky was ripped part. We'll just wait then. And wait we did, about an hour and a half on the runway. No one fancied challenging the lightning, so we settled in. Got to Columbus, and home. in about 30 minutes. For a crip, I have an amazing turn of speed.
Nice to be home.

No comments: