Thursday, September 25, 2014

Injury Negotiation.

Today I got up late for me, 8am. My ankle decided to remind me that I needed to ice it again, which I just did. Its now aching less, a distant but persistent murmur, 
"I'm not gone yet you know…" A terrible date mistake, that keeps turning up at events you were looking forward to. Bugger.
"I need to catch up on the rest I've been ignoring for weeks anyway, so nah!"
"Ok. See you around…"
I know its odd personifying injuries, but I've been doing it for years. Ever since my MS ignored the deal I tried to cut with it at the start. I had what felt like a snake swimming in my left foot, still one of the freakiest things thats ever happened to me. I couldn't really walk, but i figured,
"Just leave my left hand out of it, so I can still write, ok?"
"No."
The snake in my foot went on its way, and I then lost my left hand for 2 months. I could not feel anything, you could put a coin in my hand, and I wouldn't know it was there. I did physiotherapy for weeks trying to get it back. The first time my physiotherapist had me sign my name? Could have been anything, it looked like hieroglyphics.
She then had me taking pieces out of a board and  then putting them back in.  The first time idid it I took over 10 minutes. By the end, I could do it in less than 15 seconds. 
It was a pain in the arse, but I saved a ton of money, as I couldn't sign any cheques, and the internet wasn't in full bloom yet.
So…the ankles going be fine,
"I've beaten far bigger problems than you."
"Oh….'
Still a bit limpy though.

No comments: