Thursday, April 2, 2009

Very nice, very nice. very nice

Current mood:focused sleepy wakey
Category: Life
spent a great couple of days in Illinois, where we will be moving when we can get our arse in gear. Wasn't really looking forward to coming back. No diss on columbus, which has been a cool place to live. I'm getting twitchy, and my brain has half moved out already.
This happened in England too. As soon as Beth and I knew we were getting married I knew I was leaving England and moving to America.
Movement is one of the few controls I have with MS. When I left england,I had stopped doing stand up because my body couldn't take it anymore. Came to Columbus thinking I would never perform again. Saw an audition for shakespeare in the park and ended up acting for 6 years. Last year MS caught up again and I cannot act on stage anymore. Solution? booked a one man show in Edinburgh at the fringe, which I know I can do, having done a few one man shows while I've been here. To be honest I'm not quite sure what's coming. I know I'm grateful for the opportunities I've been given. But, gotta go. Slowly.
This evening was great. Saw Morrissey at the palace downtown. Gig! What's great about Columbus is that you can see a gig this good and its dead easy to get to, comfortable, great sound, and even the stage invaders waited patiently for the last song and then took being hurled from the stage remarkably well.
Morrissey did a few Smiths tunes, i didn't realise the Death of a Disco Dancer could be that powerful. One of columbus' great strengths is that great bands come through here all the time. i saw Bob Dylan supported by Elvis Costello last year, and the Cult, and Bruce springsteen. This is a great music city. Cheers Columbus.
Currently listening:
Strangeways, Here We Come
By The Smiths
Release date: 1990-10-25

No comments: