Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Sea change

I've been back from England for a couple of days. I landed three weeks ago, and then bounced around, until we flew back on Sunday. We flew not knowing if our flight would be pulled when we got to Newark, every weather report hinted that it would. Other people had already rebooked their flights for the following day, so that if we got stuck, we couldn't get out of Newark for at least 2 days. It does make flying in a lot more exciting.
We got delayed a bit, ordered food using the iPad thingy they now have set up, like Blade Runner, but a lot more shit, and expensive enough to bring a tear to your eye. Apparently the chicken sandwich is made of gold.
Fantastic time at my mum and dads houses. Don't drink Bombadier....don't ask. Amazing wedding of two of my best friends, Becky and Reid. You don't see a day of such pure joy that often, I feel privileged to have been there.
The sea change is that I decided to wake up early and walk everyday. Today I was out really early as this day and those following this week, are going to fry.
I spent years believing that the MS meant that I couldn't really walk. Turns out that I was wrong. 2 miles a day, not bad.

No comments: