Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Bloody minded.

People have told me for years that I'm bloody minded. 
"When you decide to do something, it's best to get out of your way." 
I always thought this was bollocks, but it turns out they were right. This morning when I got up it was raining.
"It'll probably back off," I told myself. An hour later it was still coming down. This was the moment when I had every reason to say,"ah well, no walking this morning." 
This is not what I did. I decided to avoid my usual urban start, and head straight to the park. It was very different, in that I usually enter the park after 2 miles. 
My solution was to walk around finding new routes, until I was happy that I had covered the distance I was aiming for. Ideally I want to start the day with 4 miles. I nearly got it today, but the sky opened up, so I wandered home. 
What?!!! What happened to eating biscuits and swearing at the news? Turns out that I can do both. All I can say is that I honestly did not see this coming, but I'm very happy that it's here.

No comments: