Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Prime Choice.

Years ago I decided to go with Apple, as I was interested in doing loads of arty stuff as easily as I could, and be thoroughly entertained. Apple has done this really well over the years, but their competition has caught up. I'm not interested in iTunes new streaming service as Amazon prime is way better. Apple offer streaming songs,  Amazon offers the same, with films, and two day delivery on whatever you buy, for $79:00 a year. Its no contest. My worry was that they wouldn't have all the music I would want. After using it for a couple of weeks I've realized that its got everything I want, and it just keeps booting more and more stuff.
Having been in the Apple bubble for years, its nice to take a look out over the parapet, take a deep breath and say,
 "Oh, that service is over priced tat, right?"
My recent visit to the Apple store was spent watching people trudging around in a coma, searching for over priced tech that they didn't need, sure that it would make their lives wonderful-fantastic, whilst walking past tables full of people hunched, quietly sobbing,  over the stuff they had bought back, while techs from the genius bar tried to breath electronic life back into the now useless dead bricks of metal before them. This is not a diss on Apple's repair service, it is fantastic. It is also very necessary.
All computers go tits up sometime or another, but it always looks like it hurts more when your Mac book takes a nose dive.
Does this mean I will go back to PC's ? Hell no,  they all go go tits up eventually. I'd like mine to be easy to use and look pretty.
I will being using Amazon Prime though.

No comments: