Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Early to rise.

Today is infusion day. I am up, listening to a radio documentary on Shakespeare's 1606. Apparently it was a cracker of a year, though not if your name was Guy Fawkes.
This months infusion feels very necessary, I've been out and about quite a bit, culminating with Andy Taylor's wedding last weekend. Andy asked me to be his Best Man earlier this year. I was surprised and very honoured to be asked. The lead up to, and the wedding day were excellent. I got to meet Andy's family and his friends, all of whom were really cool people. I found myself standing up in a Presbyterian church, where my Irish Catholic script knowledge stood me in good stead;  until one pitch at the end left me quiet, looking at the floor, riding the words out until we hit the Amen that I hoped was coming. Onto a lovely reception, where I got to deliver a really nice toast, which would baffle those who would have expected the English roast of the groom. No chance. This was a lovely wedding, cock and tart jokes unnecessary.
The wedding done, Beth and I returned back to house stuff, where we got to watch the outside of the house being transformed by a top notch group of painters.
"Ooh," we both said, "Should have done that 12 years ago."
Today, I would like my energy levels to be given a similar touch up, so I can have lovely paint on the outside of the house, whilst the blood barriers whistle through my veins, and my MS goes back to quietly sulking, and biding its time.

No comments: